Thursday, July 14, 2011

product highlight – Nectar Soap

The background…

Honey is so great for the skin, and the smell… well to us it can be intoxicating.  We worked & worked with our fragrance folks to come up with the perfect scent (yes, unfortunately I’m not able to whip up the unbelievable Nectar scent naturally, but when you’ve gotta have it, you’ve gotta have it.)  Then I worked & worked with my beekeeper to get the perfect look to the bar (which I was told I wouldn’t be able to put honeycomb in the soap… well I showed him!)  After months of figuring out just how to get the honeycomb to sit perfectly on top (to some this may sound like an easy achievement but between the fragility of the honeycomb & the heat in the soapmaking process, it’s easier said than done.)  May I present to you the Nectar Soap.

Nectar Soap by Rinse

Our usual suspects in the soap ingredient category all make their appearances including Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Olive Oil… but what’s a bit more special in the one (and what makes this soap a tad more moisturizing than the others) is that we drizzle honey from our local beekeeper into the bar & gently lay his honeycomb on top.  We are so proud that this soap looks exactly how it smells… like honey’y goodness.  We especially love the texture (if that even makes sense.)

 

Why we love it…

  1. You mean besides the texture…
  2. The honey in the bar helps to moisturize even the driest skin
  3. We incorporate honeycomb into each bar as decoration or a little added exfoliation
  4. The scent is sweet & clean & well honey

Don’t just take our word on it…

  • “[The Nectar Soap] was love at first sniff! I LOVE the smell of honey, and this soap was pure ambrosia. To make matters even better (because I would have loved it for the smell alone) the soap is very moisturizing, which has been a savior to my winter-chapped skin. Even though I wanted to keep both bars I bought for myself, I decided to share the other with my boyfriend's mom so someone else could experience the pure shower bliss. She said she's also loving the soap.”  Ebonique W.
  • "I bought your Dead Sea Mud Soap, Nectar and Ginger Soap in March at Epcot. I am very sad I didn't buy more but I will be placing an order soon. Thanks for the great products!!!!!"  Holland C.
  • “This is a wonderful smelling, long lasting soap. I will definitely buy another when this one is finished. The smell lingers and makes my bathroom smell great. It smells heavenly!”  Marla A.

No comments: